Sunday, May 23, 2010

Just a few things

Just a few things: (I'll admit, I take inspiration from Raaachem, mujer of many talents, on this type of post)

1) er·u·dite [er-yoo-dahyt, er-oo-] –adjective
meaning: characterized by great knowledge; learned or scholarly:
—Synonyms: educated, knowledgeable; wise, sapient.
How I would use the word: I've seen my brother take on a real erudite attitude, who woulda thought.
 
2) for·ti·tude [fawr-ti-tood, -tyood] –noun
meaning: mental and emotional strength in facing difficulty, adversity, danger, or temptation courageously:
----Synonyms: see patience
How I would use the word: My girl has got the fortitude of motherfuckin Joan of Arc, she's my go-to.

3) I was reading the latest issue of GQ (yo, men's mags are interesting too, lol) but they had a great feature of getaway spots to take their significant other, and there was one spot that caught my eye! (maybe because currently it's in my price range?) 29 Palms Inn, CA. It's out in the Mojave Desert, lowkey, has a crazy view of the stars, desert, and sun. Bungalows & cottages.

(poolside at 29)
Now, while I'm a city girl, let's not forget I live in the desert too and can appreciate the scenery that goes with it. This is the kind of place you retreat to have epiphanies, ideas, and maybe get drunk and trip out staring at the stars.

4. Stussy Acid Metal Denim Jacket
$110, StussyxCassettePlaya Capsule collection Spring 2010



When I was in Vegas last weekend, at the Stussy boutique, I spotted this. The acid wash, the zippers, the pop of color, Ahyiyi. I'll be back sweet sweet jacket.
Like I said, just a few things off the top of my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment