Thursday, February 25, 2010

my hang-up

In the area of body hang-ups, I too am apart of the crowd who has ‘em and will willingly admit it. I mean, we can’t all be Brazilian and naturally have beach ready bodies can we? It’s fine though, I like my body, lot actually. What I don’t like is my smile. During my adolescent years, I had baby fat galore and it liked to make itself prominently known on my cheeks. Giving a toothy grin only brought attention to this fact, so after that realization, you wouldn’t find me grinning widely. It was after this I learned the art of pursuing my lips in a would-be smile. I’ve since matured to a secret holding smirk. Its become a trademark of sorts for me. I’ve watched braces change my sister London’s jaw shape and smile and been anticipating likewise for myself. So far, so ok. I’ve got a handful of months left with these silver bad boys left in my mouth and I swear they had better work some magic. I’d like to give out well-meaning, toothy smiles like everyone else does. In the meantime, I’ll stick with my smirk. It’s safe.
 
 
 We all got 'em, whats yours?!

2 comments:

  1. I didn't know you have metal-fronts! I got mine off in 2008. It felt so good to get them off and now I'm 100% confident smiling in pics all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my cheeks! i haaaaate them! and it doesn't help that i have a round head which really makes them stand out. grrr

    ReplyDelete