Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Can't just google pics for THAT



Hah Ohh this photo. I wanted to throw this up because it makes me laugh but the purpose for it was pretty interesting. My girl Josselyn wrote a rather large and impressive article on human trafficking and she needed photos for it right?
One cannot just go to the AP website, or google photos on aforementioned human trafficking. So considering it was a feature story, we were allowed to get creative with the photos. Supposed to convey a girl being sold for money, which I think this photo does. Which maybe conveys prostitution more so, but that's what the ribbon is for, to indicate I'm trapped. Prostitutes choose their profession, not poor young girls who are kidnapped or made false promises.
Me and my legs are going to be on the front page!
I know my heels don't match the skirt, I forgot the heels that I meant to bring, so Joss just had these in the back of her car. Waste not, want not. :)

4 comments:

  1. This is such a pretty picture Id love to read the article

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, totes right about wrapping the price tag around her legs like that so she can't go anywhere. so KLEVVA! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is such a complex topic, i hope the article does well. gotta keep in mind that not all prostitutes "choose" to be in the profession as there are those also "trapped" by their pimps and what not. It seems it's completely consensual such in the bunny ranch or pretty woman, but IRL, we have those poor women in the ghettos stuck on this profession since they have nothing else for them but with the same means needing to be met. just be careful you guys aren't completely ostracizing prostitutes, they too are victims of sexism.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very true, you checked me on that. I wrote this in a rush, so I didn't have time to address that. But you are right:) good point.

    ReplyDelete