Friday, July 10, 2009


You all see this image? This tickled the SHIT out of me. My girl D, over at Diary of a Broke College Student, made this for me.! (My bday was jew-ly 8th) I love when people make me things, I always have held things that were handcrafted (or net-crafted, lol) in high regard, because it takes more effort than buying some shit from Urban Outfitters for your homegirl's birthday. And thanks to all the friends that wished me a happy bday, Kayta, Daniel, Garrett, Zoltan, everybody. More bday festivities this weekend when Joy gets back:)

But I've been on the hunt, literally and figuratively, for things that give me inspiration. Places, objects, words, people, and my future are just some of the things that just B R E A K me off when I think about them. Those things that take you to another place when you think about them or what they taught you or what you see in them.


A photographer who's work I really love, Keegan Gibbs took this shot on his trip to Bali recently. Bali, right after Spain, is on the top of my list of places where I will be going. I can think bout this place, and I get giddy. Lol.


My city, Phoenix. I love the downtown area, I love all areas, it's home. Always will be, but there are possibilities here. And Ima seek them out.

Inside of my newest fave joint, Carlys, downtown on what, 3rd St and somethin. Inside of this place has such a great ambiance, low lights, art on the walls, and a bruschetta that kills it. And it doesn't hurt that I've had amazing conversation here, so I'll be going back shortly.

Oh and the fact that Zach Galifianakis answered this question for Vanity Fair in the way he did...
VF: Although the movie doesn't come out until June 5th, there are already plans for a Hangover sequel. That's an awful lot of confidence from the studio. Do you feel the weight of Warner Brother's financial stability on your shoulders?

Z: Holy God what a question. I have heard rumors about a sequel, which would be a lot of fun. However, I have never given this a thought, that I might be bankrupting a studio. As long as I am protected financially I will be fine. That's why I've invested in The Von Dutch trucker hat company.

2 comments:

  1. happy belated..i totally missed the notification on FB! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. beeeeeeeeeelated happy bday mama! i missed reading your stuff.. and i wanna go to phoenix. next time i'm in the states, im gonna make it happen

    ReplyDelete