Tuesday, June 23, 2009

They paint like it's nada

You know how when your favorite rapper or singer puts out a new single and you get high key excited for it? That's how I feel when I see all the new work my favorite artists have been hammering out. For example, el Mac and Retna.

El Mac just recently put out a new print titled 'Ixtacchuital' and I am absolutely in love with it.


"The title is "Ixtaccihuatl" (basically pronounced "ee.stok.SEE.wot") which is the name of a large mountain in Mexico said to resemble a sleeping woman. The myth behind this has inspired countless popular Mexican/Chicano paintings, drawings, calendars, murals, tattoos, merchandise, etc portraying an Azteca warrior cradling his dead lover. This is my sincere take on this traditional theme using my brushwork style."-Mac

I greatly appreciate the fact that he maintains such roots of humble-ness, which anyone can plainly see by reading the above.
And then another recent Retna/El Mac collab...titled 'Gracias a la Vida'.




I love creative people, some of my favorite people in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment