Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Noblesse Oblige award


So, we all know as bloggers, if we get a little blog award bestowed on us, it's like getting something equivalent to a virtual gold star, hah. I don't care how lame you other people may think it is, it's pretty dope when people throw these your way.

So in saying that, the vivacious senorita Stefanie of Curvaceous in the City threw me the Noblesse Oblige award. (Don't know what noblesse means, is it made up? I'm going to dictionary.com right now...)

If you nab this award, it means someone, somewhere believes the following bout you...


1. The Blogger manifests exemplary attitude, respecting the nuances that pervades amongst different cultures and beliefs.
2. The Blog contents inspire; strives to encourage and offers solutions.
3. There is a clear purpose at the Blog; one that fosters a better understanding on Social, Political, Economic, the Arts, Culture and Sciences and Beliefs.
4. The Blog is refreshing and creative.
5. The Blogger promotes friendship and positive thinking.

THE RULES!
The Blogger who receives this award will need to perform the following steps:

-Create a Post with a mention and link to the person who presented the Noblesse Oblige Award. (done)

-The Award Conditions must be displayed at the Post. (done)

-Write a short article about what the Blog has thus far achieved – preferably citing one or more older post to support. (see below)

-The Blogger must present the Noblesse Oblige Award in concurrence with the Award conditions. (done)

-The Blogger must display the Award at any location at the Blog. (done)

In my mind's eye, my baby of a blog Modern Fuerza has achieved keeping it 100 with a variety of content. I admire those blogs that are niche blogs, focusing on this, that, or the other. However, I enjoy too many varieties to just post on one particular thing. I can truly throw something different at you, I raise awareness of a person, talent, or issue. I include enough personal posts for a reader to get to somewhat know me as a person. What I enjoy most is bringing issues, people, art, and other things to your attention that might normally be looked over. Because by bringing them to your attention, you're learning something new or taking in something that you haven't before and that's what I call teaching my fellow fckkn man.

I think these are a few of my better posts, check 'em.
1. Graffiti is Grimy
2.Liking What Is Different
3. An Email Sit Down with Spice

So, to sum it up, these are some of the blogs that I read on a constant basis because they are just, that, fly.
1. Jazmin over at Vintage Vandalizm
Psh, besides her being the steeziest woman I've ever seen, I love how she expresses things. Through her writing, anybody can tell her voice is great. She's got people featuring her left and right, asking her to be guest writers/editors/bloggers, and if you take a peak at her, her art, words, and everything else, you can see why. Her sense of style is impeccable.
2. Stefanie at Curvaceous in the City
Mami is on point. All the things that anybody might be afraid to put into words or admit, she comes right forward with her thoughts. She says what we all won't. Her forthcoming habit of offering her take on life and being a woman is a downright inspiration.
3. Simone at Yup, Simone Be Talking Shit
All I have to say about her and her words is that she's always got me weak. She keeps it 100 as SHIT and I love reading her posts due to the fact that she is articulate as hell, with strong humor mixed in. She does care about her fellow man, go read her list of liquors not to drink, she's trying to save all you from bad mistakes via Nuvo.
4. Riva at Negroes Spoke Of Me
Her voice is so beautiful. She is heavily oriented with poetry, and some of her personal posts, or the posts that direct you to some good poetry or music is downright soulful. I have always loved people that can point me in a direction of wonderful words like she does.
5. Jazzle Dazzle The Dark Hue

I'd like to think her blog is a variating equivalent to mine, except the australian version. Lol. It's entertaining, it's colorful, and whimsical. Which are some of my favorite qualities. She too places an emphasis on art since it is part of her major, and I love seeing what she posts concerning things of the like.

Holla at these ladies, you'll like what you have to read/see. I tried to mix it up this time and give different dues :) I think I needa read more males point of view, I featured all females.! Ha.!

5 comments:

  1. aw thanks heaps hun, I was thinking that too about mine being an aussie version haha, you're a sweetheart! I'll post mine up later, and you're definitely deserving of this award, which is why I'll tag you in there too. keep kicking ass xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call! Simone's blog has always got me laughin sooo hard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. aww! thanks for the love mama. i'll be sure to eventually return it. :-)

    ReplyDelete