Monday, February 23, 2009

word of the day: resilient

My mom is such a Mexican.
I'm up doing math homework right now and she's on her computer watching some ish, I can hear alotta spanish, and I ask her what she's doing and she said she's catching up on the end of her novela that she missed last week. Shit's hardcore, I know a grip of latin mamas that are fanatics about their novelas. Lol.
________________
Anyways,
No but this post is addressing my word of the day.
Resilient.
/rɪˈzɪlyənt, -ˈzɪliənt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ri-zil-yuhnt, -zil-ee-uhnt]
–adjective
1. springing back; rebounding.
2. returning to the original form or position after being bent, compressed, or stretched.
3. recovering readily from illness, depression, adversity, or the like; buoyant.
_____________________________
What resilience means to me . . .
I had someone(a person of professional training) tell me today that I'm exhibiting great resilience. The first definition doesn't apply, because I'm not rebounding from any relationship or dude.
Definitions 2 and 3 are most applicable in my case.
I am recovering from some adversity and the like that bent and streched my emotional, physical, and mental well-being. It's some heavy, no-bueno,never good for any female business.
I'm not gonna say that I've been springing back. It's taken about 4 months for the same me to slowly get back to normal, I'm still fixing some shit with myself. I'm not nessecarily the same me, I'm an improved, hyper-fukn-vigilant me.

And I'm gonna stay that way and continue to stay resilient. Thanks Jenn Shelly.

1 comment:

  1. Haha, thats as serious as it gets. All the "MATURE" females in my family are the same way when it comes to novelas. Reading that cracked me up though lol.


    -D

    ReplyDelete