Friday, January 23, 2009

Rehab for terrorists.

Alright, I was reading up on the NewYorkTimes.com last night for some homework, and I stumbled across an article that caught my eye.
A former Guantanamo Bay detainee, the said Ali al-Shihri, who was released back in November of 2007 to Saudi Arabia has emerged as a new deputy leader for the al Qaeda in Yemen. He is suspected to have been involved in the bombing of the United States Embassy in Yemen in September.
Now, in the article it mentions how he went through a rehabilitation program for jihadists before returning to Saudi Arabia. Theres a rehab for extreme terrorists that get caught?!?!? I did not know this. I'm not sure I know what to make of that. In this case, obviously it didn't work because al-Shihri has returned to his old ways bigger and better than before, with the al-Qaeda having released an online statement saying so.
I know criminals can go to jail, have their epiphanies, and never return to jail. It is possible for people's will to change. However, in my opinion, terrorists though???!? Mannnnnnnnnn. The other possibilities for an outcome with those about to be moved or released from Guantanamo Bay due to Obama's exec order is about to get sticky.
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/01/23/world/middleeast/23yemen.html?_r=1&hp

1 comment:

  1. hey princess blog is dope.. check out my blog robbreportrich.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete