Thursday, January 15, 2009

Map of cartels


I take a special interest in hearing about the trafficking of drugs and where they go through because I am from a border town. You see the map below? See that tiny town called Douglas in the corner of AZ on the map? Thats where I'm from. Maybe that will give you an idea of the shit that occurs down there. My town and roots managed to make a map of drug trafficking points.



I was born and lived there for a few years, and was then moved up to Phoenix. I go back frequently to Douglas as often as my schedule allows. But this shit is alarming, I know people that have gotten caught and haven't gotten caught bringing stuff across. My tias, tios, cousins, little cousins, and some friends of mine live there. It's the crime across the border in Agua Prieta, also featured on that map, that brings Douglas down. I've had shit happen when I've been in AP, and have had trouble coming back across into AZ myself, but I'll save that for another post.



___An armored tank on one of Mexico's streets throughout the continuous problems caused by the cartels.____

No comments:

Post a Comment